What we do
J P Dunn Construction have an excellent track record of successfully completing projects at the high-risk groundworks phase incorporating:
• Site clearance
• Basement box construction
• Top down construction
Many of these projects have been completed in the challenging environment of central London, with the inherent logistical challenges that this brings. Through early engagement, the company is able to provide expert advice on temporary works, methodology and programme. This, coupled with input on value engineered solutions ensures that projects are delivered at an optimum cost. Experienced and trusted teams, and ownership of a wide range of equipment places J P Dunn Construction in a strong position to deliver groundworks projects, time and time again, safely, and in line with quality and programme objectives.
The company has successfully undertaken the construction of multiple RC structures over the years, ranging from the relatively simple to the hugely complex. The pre-contract team are able to advise on the best solutions to achieve both economy of build, high quality of finish, and best programme. Within the company portfolio are many examples of in situ frames incorporating:
• Precast elements
• Post tensioned structures
• Slipform cores
• Jump cores
• Traditional cores
• Architectural concrete finishes
The company directly employs the experienced teams able to deliver these projects and has invested heavily in the formwork systems and equipment to allow our commercial offer to be competitive.
External Works & Paving
J P Dunn Construction have a long tradition of delivering high end hard landscaping projects. As well as traditional flagstones and paving, the company has excellent relationships with quarries and the expertise to deliver finishes in natural stones such as sandstone, limestone and granite. Recently completed projects on the Greenwich Peninsula and at Royal Holloway College provide perfect examples of the high quality of workmanship achieved against the backdrop of demanding timescales.
In 2019 we have added soft landscaping to our list of services, rather than subletting the planting element to specialists. This will complement the hard landscaping service that we already provide, and also remove an interface and provide our clients with a one stop solution for the external works.
• The company already possesses the experience of sourcing and placing the right topsoils and subsoils to meet BS specifications, and the specific requirements of each project (high permeability, low nutrient, wetland and general purpose).
• The company has years of experience in all the associated groundworks, irrigation systems, laying turf, construction of water features, and supply and install of street furniture.
• During the delivery of the P5K project on the Greenwich peninsula we developed relationships with the suppliers of tree and plant stock.
• J P Dunn Construction has completed landscaping projects to private estates shopping centres, universities, hospitals and schools – often in the confines of town and city centres.