New Addington Leisure Centre
- Client; Willmott Dixon
- Value; £2.9m
- Development of a modern multi-use leisure and community centre with extended sports and leisure facilities including a 25metre main swimming pool and a learning pool, sports hall, a fitness suite and multi-purpose activity studios.
- Community space consists of two large halls, kitchen, bar, public toilets and storage rooms available for a range of activities and events.
- Enabling works carried out in preparation for the main contract including site clearance and compound set up, temporary footpaths and haul roads, installation of piling mat and Thames Water foul drainage / surface water sewer diversions.
- Piling attendance and disposal of piling spoil, installation of drainage including surface water outside the site boundary and construction of pile caps and ground beams for the steelwork erection.
- Phase 1 works carried out include setting up site welfare units, installation of piling mat and mobile crane platform, piling attendance and disposal of piling spoil, installation of drainage including Thames Water sewer diversions.
- Phase 2 works include all groundworks including swimming pool drainage, construction of pile caps and ground beams, basement slab and swimming pool walls excavations, concrete works and the completion of all external hard landscape areas.