Project managers and site managers
High calibre candidates sought with track record of successful delivery of groundworks and RC structures projects. Successful candidates will need to be able to communicate with the client and with the J P Dunn team and take the lead in every aspect of health and safety, quality and production.
We are looking for a QS with a minimum of 3-4 years experience working for Groundworks and RC Frame sub contractors. Reporting directly to the Managing QS the successful candidate will be pro-active and capable of looking after two or more projects of varying size.
This is a great opportunity to work on a variety of projects including residential, commercial and public within a company that places training and career development at its core.
JP Dunn Construction Ltd carry out projects for Tier 1 Clients and we are actively seeking driven professionals looking for a challenging career within an ever growing company.
Candidates required at various levels from graduate entry through to project engineer. All engineers must have finesse in achieving quality and accuracy. Each engineer will be encouraged to follow a route through to professional membership of the Institute of Civil Engineers, a SSMTS qualification and a NVQ Level 6 achievement.
Temporary Works Engineer
JP Dunn Construction Ltd are seeking to appoint a Chartered Engineer in a Senior role as Temporary Works Engineer.
To be successful in this role you should be able to undertake designs in all forms of temporary works structures associated with earthworks, buildings, formwork & falsework projects to the current codes and standards.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Civil or structural engineering degree
- Chartered engineer – member of ICE or IStructE
- Experience of developing and managing ISO 9001 quality system
- Experience of managing temporary works in line with BS5975
- Experience of managing third party designers and suppliers
- Experience of value engineering process
- Experience of resolving defect issues
- Must be commercially aware of the effect of engineering decisions
- Experience working directly with specialised contractors and main contractors
- Involvement at both tender and build stages
- Excellent knowledge of relevant civil and structural software packages and drawing package - Experience with BIM is also desirable
- Excellent communication, both written and verbally, with good client skills
- Compliance on TW procedures
- A dynamic & “hands on” approach to resolving technical issues at both client and site levels
- Conversant with current design standards (Eurocode) and previous standards(withdrawn BS)
- Proficient in both simple and complex temporary works design calculations
- Capable of designing formwork, falsework, earthwork support, and usual concrete frame temporary works for back-propping and striking
- Wide understanding of the supply market for formwork, falsework and earthwork support
- Thorough understanding of materials and testing standards for earthworks, concrete, reinforcement and structural steel.
- Ability to provide innovative solutions
- Ability to providing technical advice to site teams
- Ability to develop and implement inspection and test plans
- Ability to operate a quality management system, including audit and non-compliance issues.
- Ability to develop solutions with client side designers and to manage the detailed design of these solutions.
For all positions there are attractive employment packages available.
Emphasis is placed on commitment, team ethic and good communication
skills. If you believe you possess these attributes please write to our head office or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org